Tuesday, August 25, 2009

the Hysterectomy ... 1 week countdown begins

I am still really ok with the surgery, almost excited as i have read so many stories on how people feel SO much better afterwards!

What i am afraid of, well, not just afraid, i am physically ill over it .. is my fear after the surgery of being in pain. Ive tried to research, ive tried to hear stories and the Dr gave me preop and postop videos to watch and i get woozy ( even fainted!! )

Ive had this phobia to pain for years .. blood and guts are ok, but if i just THINK something will hurt i get woozy and pass right out. Tried to watch that old show Rescue 911 once, i keeled right over outta my chair onto the floor. Years before that in High School, i did it in ROTC class watching first aid videos.

I've wondered since the fibro diagnosis, if the pain phobia is like a defense mechanism since we experience pain differently, more intensly...

After my tubal in 2000 they told me I could probably go back to work within 72 hours - HA - a week later it was still a struggle. They say 4-6 weeks, and since I am having a vaginal hysterectomy its supposed to be less recovery time. I am preparing for 8 weeks for me! lol

I am still really freaking out about not moving. I am trying to tell myself it will be ok - just 1 more winter, but we will see how it goes.




No comments:

Post a Comment