Friday, April 2, 2010

venturing out was ok ...

So coffee with everyone turned out to be ok .. I didnt die from being social lol

A very sweet person, one of the 1st people I met when I 1st started coming to Arizona, was in line with me when I was getting the yummy carrot cake, and he picked up the tab ... THAT was very very nice, since I had already picked out 2 pieces, so I could take one home to the one who makes me "giddy" ~ *smiles* ~ which she enjoyed it for breakfast!

Several of us went to a Village Inn after coffee ... VI has the best pancakes which I had been missing since the move. People kept taking me to Denny's and IHOP (I hate IHOP and Denny's just arent as good!), so I was excited about going to VI!

When we 1st arrived the host/waiter was JUST about to get off work, and about had a pissy stroke when I said a party of 10 ... he copped an attitude (which almost got worse when 2 more tables of 5 came in right after us and he had to take them too!) Another in our party pointed this out to the manager, who quickly rectified the situation. Waiter boy still at 1st made a couple "id like to go home can we hurry this up please" comments but by the end realized that we would be a fun bunch and nice good service was going to get him everywhere, including a good tip. He even came outside and smoked with the group (out of 9 of us I was the only non-smoker! so waiter boy took my place in the smoking spot!)

I feel bad I still dont just go up to people and offer hugs and hello's .. I think most know I am the shy one and will come over and "get me" - sometimes I just smile and send a wave over their way ... but its getting a little better!

Perhaps I will venture out again next week too!

1 comment: