Monday, February 15, 2010

Did I mention I fucking HATE SNOW!?

SO - We most all know that I flew to Arizona
to celebrate my 40th Birthday - It was the best birthday!

I booked my flight back to Omaha on Valentines Day.
Several times during the trip I thought, I want to stay!
Even if just a few more days ... But no ...
I needed to come home and pack so off I went to the airport

I landed in a blizzard
(sorry this is sideways I dont know how to edit to turn it!)



I know I have no food at home
I know Ive been awake all day after 3 hours of sleep
and I decided I was hungry. Taco Bell was sorta on the way
but .... it was getting a lil slippery, I decided no Taco Bell

Until of course I got to the corner I would turn on and at
the very last second made a sharp turn and decided I DID
want my beloved Taco Bell - it would be ok!

*sighs* barely 3 blocks down the Taco Bell Road
I hit a pot hole in hidden in the dark and snowy road.
A deep blow your tire kinda pot hole.

I went flying and ended up almost tipping over as the front
end of the car buried itself into a high snow drift!!!

It's hard to see but I am tipped pretty far to the driver side.
I forgot to take a pic but the back passenger tire is off the ground at least a foot!

I was in a state of freaked-outedness
I got out of the car thinking I would push it out myself!
The driver door got stuck on the street, I couldnt open it all the way.
and HA! all I did was sink into the snow drift - to my knees!



Yes, now I am cold, wet and want to cry.

I am cursing at myself because once again,
I made a wrong decision. I knew I should not have
made that turn to go to Taco Bell!

I texted Arizona 1st.
Then I called a tow - truck and started the crying.
Then I called my mommy. Who came out to get me.
Then called Boston and really just freaked out.

While waiting for mom, TowTruck calls
YAY THEY ARE COMING ...right?!
NO - 2-3 hours is the new wait time from 60 minutes.

*sighs* I want to cry more

Mom comes and we are debating what to do.
yes, she even offered to still take me to Taco Bell!
(but damn it they were closed by now!)

THEN!

FINALLY!! YES A Good Samaritan!!
Only 1 of aprox 7 cars stopped to see if I was OK!
In his scrubs and stethoscope, along with mom, they PUSHED
and freed poor Ms Miata from the snow bank!!! YAY!!!

In the end the only real damage is the blown tire!




No comments:

Post a Comment